Saturday, February 14, 2009

My First 5K

Today was a big day for me! I ran in my first official 5K (I have the shirt to prove it)!! My friend Laura and I decided last week to participate, so needless to say I was not sure how I would do. I did not get to run as much as I would have liked this past week for one reason or another, but we did still finish the run in 34 minutes. I was pretty proud of us! Matt and Richard (Laura's husband) took all of the kids up to the Country Club for breakfast and then back to the Britt's for a playdate. Laura and I enjoyed the morning off--being able to have a nice run, enjoy the after party, and even stop by Starbucks for a latte on the way home. I am now hooked on races! We are planning to run as many as we can register for. Who knows, maybe I will be ready for the half marathon by next year!



After the run...sweaty and refreshed!

D proudly holding mommy's number. I think he was pretty proud of me too!

1 comment:

The Ellis Family said...

Tracie - we did it too! I walked majority of it, but I started and finished running!! I think I was 45 minutes. Congrats to you!