Sunday, November 2, 2008

Turkey Trottin'!

Okay, so every November my school does it's annual Turkey Trot. Each grade level K-5 runs a one mile race through Homewood. I decided that since Daniel loves to run, and is actually a very good runner, we would participate together this year. After all, he has run the track with me since he was two! We ran a practice mile yesterday, and he did a great job. My little man ran an entire mile without stopping! I knew that today would be no different, and he did not disappoint! Since Matt has had the stomach bug today, he did not get to go. :(
But Daniel, Caroline (who rode along happily in the jogging stroller) and I ran our mile like champions! He was so proud of himself (and I was proud of him too!). We stayed after the race and played on the playground for quite a while and then headed home. Caroline's most favorite thing was the slide and Daniel loved the swings. I wish that I had brought my camera--I will take a picture of us in our Turkey Trot shirts and post it another time. Again, my little boy is growing up so fast--I can't believe that he will be at Edgewood as a Kindergartener next year!

No comments: