Monday, November 17, 2008

150 Years!

This past weekend we went to Brewton to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of North Brewton Baptist Church, the one in which my dad and Aunt Lawrinda grew up. There was a wonderful singing group, celebration of veteran members, memorials for those from the past who helped build such a firm foundation, and ofcourse the best homecooked spread you can imagine after church! Boy, do I miss "dinner on the grounds" at NBBC! They even had the first full time preacher come and speak. He baptized my dad as a young boy! He was feeble, but had a great personality and seemed to truly treasure being a part of such a special service. My great great grandfather was actually the founding preacher. There is a great deal of our family history built into that church. It will forever represent my grandmother to me. She was the godliest woman I have ever known, and likely ever will know. I miss her so much. I know that she would be proud of her beautiful family and how we have grown. I did not get many pictures, but we did manage to snap these few before the service.








No comments: