Friday, June 6, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

We have been super busy the past week! Our days have been filled with water fun at the swimming pool, the gym, the library, and the park. We are already tan because our favorite place is the coolest place--the pool! I think that Caroline has the most beautiful skin--she is a lucky girl! Daniel's eyes stand out even more when he is tan. They somehow seem even more clear blue. I am loving being able to spend all of this time with the two of them. Believe it or not, they actually LIKE spending time together! I am sure it won't stay this way!! It is quite different than this fall and spring when D was in school part time. We just don't realize how long 9-1 really is! I think my sweet hubby realized how much work having two kids all day long is, because he surprised me with a dozen beautiful red roses this week to say thank you for taking such good care of the kids! It really meant a lot to me, because often the stay at home mom profession is not respected or appreciated very much. I must admit that when I was working, I underestimated it myself!
We are headed to Panama City Beach for the weekend to visit with Matt's sister Amanda and her family. They have a little girl that is a bit over a year old and a little boy close to Daniel's age. We are planning to hang out at the pool (and the guys will play some golf OFCOURSE!), drive some race cars (which Daniel discovered he LOOVES in the mountains), and maybe get a sitter so that the four of us can go out as adults Saturday night.
I'll post some pics as soon as I can--Matt has the camera in the SUV. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Carrie! Sorry I could not make the party last night--hope you were surprised and that you love your new stroller!




Daniel is excited to see Dino-man!

Caroline can't wait to see what this is all about

The one and only...Dino-man!!! (we left early b/c it was a bit lame!)

Caroline has just arrived at the pool and is ready to splash and sun!

Daniel LOOOVES the water rocket!

No comments: