Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

First, let me say Happy Father's Day to all of you fabulous dads reading this! I hope that your day was filled with as much love and joy as ours. Daniel could not wait until today to give Matt his presents, so he actually opened them last weekend! Caroline gave him a pair Sperry boat shoes and a bathing suit, Daniel gave him some workout clothes (and a golf ball that he found in his room and put into the gift bag), and I gave him a new pair of dress pants and some dress socks.
My sweet hubby is always thinking of others--even on his special day! He and Daniel got up early and went to Pe Paw's (his dad) to mow his grass for him. They took donuts over and enjoyed a morning there while Caroline and I got ready for church. After they got back and dressed, we headed to church where Daniel worked very hard in Sunday School making daddy the perfect Father's Day card. After church, we headed to Outback for a yummy steak dinner. Next, Caroline took her nap at Gran's while Matt, Daniel, and I headed to the Country Club for a fun afternoon at the pool. We splashed, sprayed, and had margaritas (just Matt and I--Daniel had popsicles!) by the pool with our friends the Kramers. Daniel played so hard that he came home and went to nap around 5, and he is still out now at 9:00! Matt says he thinks he is out for the count! Matt ended his Father's Day laying on the couch watching golf. I think he had a pretty good day!

Happy Father's Day! (When you tell Daniel to say cheese, he takes you seriously!)

No comments: