Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday

So, through linking from one person's blog to another, I have come across so many blogs of women I don't know (families, really) who have lost babies before birth or shortly thereafter. I never realized how lucky I am.
I have known many close to me who have struggled to get pregnant. Matt and I got pregnant (twice) with such ease. I never realized how lucky I am.
This morning started out rough. Daniel would not cooperate, and I lost it. I just wanted him to get dressed--is that so much to ask? I yelled at him, in a mean voice. I know that we have all done this. But today, I feel extra bad about it. I should just be happy I have a healthy little man who can ask for "just five more minutes, mom."
I stress about the fact that neither of them will cooperate for our Christmas card picture. They are both all over the place! I should be thankful for children who can run and play, and busy themselves with things other than having their pictures made.
Lord forgive me for being so shallow.
Thank you for my children.

No comments: