Monday, May 12, 2008

Sorry for the Delay...





Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in posting, but our house has been a bit sickly this past week. It started Monday night--Daniel woke up about 11:30 throwing up and with fever. He was also complaining of a headache and had a horrible hacking cough. Diagnosis: croup and a sinus infection (poor baby!!). A few days later, Caroline began coughing and according to Dr. Dudgeon, had caught the croup from Daniel. Again, my poor baby! Now, my throat is hurting and I can only assume that I have fallen victim to the bug! Despite our feeling a bit puny, we had a nice Mother's Day yesterday. After church, we had brunch at the Country Club and then went to Aldridge Gardens and Star Lake later in the afternoon. Gran and PePaw joined us on our outdoor adventure. Perhaps the most exciting part of the day was when Daniel caught his first fish!!
I do believe that Caroline will be crawling around any day now. Also, she went from laying flat in her crib to sitting straight up all by herself yesterday! It is the strangest thing to come in after nap and see her sitting up looking at me! She is doing really well with her first sounds. Baa, baa, baa seems to be her favorite. She is going to be a talker--she tries so hard to communicate with us already!
Daniel is growing so quickly! His intelligence never ceases to amaze me. Yesterday, he said "Mom, I am laying horizontally across my bed" (and he was!!!). HORIZONTALLY?!?! I think I had horizontal and vertical confused until I was a sophmore in high school! He also has a fantastic memory. He remembered where all of the different scare crows were at Aldridge Gardens during October. Maybe he WILL be a doctor one day! He certainly has the brain for it!
Well, enough bragging for the day. Can you tell how proud I am to be a MOM! Hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day!





No comments: