Wednesday, September 2, 2009

VHECH Fun Run!









Today was the much anticipated Fun Run at D's and my school. It was everything we thought it would be--sooo much fun! We enjoyed awesome music, excited kids and parents, great weather, and popsicles when it was all over! I was sooo proud of Daniel for the great running he did. My fifth graders couldn't believe how fast and far he ran! He ran a total of 36 laps (16 is a mile)!!! To be honest, I was really just hoping he would be able to make the 16 since he had run 1- 1 1/2 miles during our practice, but I guess all of the upbeat music and cheering parents and fellow students sent him over the top! Thanks so much to all of our friends and family members who pledged to support D and his school. He (we) truly appreciated each and every contribution.

No comments: